The Blue Cross travel insurance plan for snowbirds is designed for Canadians who head to warmer climates each year. Available on a daily or annual basis, our travel insurance plan includes 24/7 emergency assistance services.
Whether you spend the winter in the warmer climate of Florida or enjoy travelling across Arizona and Mexico, Blue Cross has the travel coverage you need.
Why do snowbirds choose Blue Cross?
- Optional deductibles on emergency medical care costs. Where possible, we arrange payment directly with the hospital.
- Some pre-existing conditions may be covered for greater peace of mind.
- Travel breaks allowing occasional return home.
- A BlueCross BlueShield® Association partner - the largest medical network in the United States. We also partner with assistance service providers worldwide.
- Travel assistance available 24/7 for any emergency, anywhere you travel.
Some coverage options for snowbirds
|Medical only||Annual Medical||Package Plus||Annual Package|
|Emergency medical care|
All these plans include:
- $5 million for emergency medical care per trip
- Hospitalization fees
- Professional fees for nurses, physicians and other health professionals for emergency medical treatment and care
- Up to $2,000 for emergency dental treatment as a result of an accident
- Emergency repatriation, when necessary and based on the medical condition of the insured, subject to approval by the travel assistance medical team and the attending physician at the destination.
- Transportation and out-of-pocket expenses for a relative coming to your bedside if you are hospitalized for more than 7 days
- Up to $5,000 for the return of your vehicle to your Canadian residence with a professional driver service, if required by your medical condition
- Up to $3,000 for accommodation and meals if your return is delayed due to a medical emergency
- Medical follow-up in Canada after repatriation
Did you get a renewal notice for your Annual travel insurance plan?