Why travellers prefer Blue Cross
- Canada's #1 travel insurance brand and recognized worldwide
- Over 80 years of expertise in insurance
- $5 million travel insurance coverage, with or without deductible
- Flexible and affordable travel insurance solutions
- Free quote available online
- Travel assistance available 24/7 for any emergency, anywhere you travel
When it comes to planning your next trip, you're not just mapping out your itinerary – you're plotting unforgettable moments and exciting adventures. To make the most of your travel experience, check to see if the things you want to do are covered by your travel insurance before embarking on your journey.
While you may be dreaming of sandy beaches and poolside relaxation, being prepared for the unexpected can be reassuring. Travel insurance provides support and assistance in various situations, like accidents, illnesses, baggage loss, or flight delays.
Québec Blue Cross travel insurance is your companion for adventure
Québec Blue Cross travel insurance covers a wide range of travel activities for both meticulous planners and spontaneous explorers. Here are just a few examples:
- Learn how to surf
- Go snorkelling to explore underwater flora and fauna
- Take a scenic hike along the mountain trails
- Kayak on a picturesque lake
- Paddleboard your way through local waterways
- Horseback riding on the beach
- Embark on a scuba diving adventure course with a certified instructor
- Discover the city and surrounding sights on a bike
If you're curious about whether your favourite activity or one you're keen to try is covered by
Québec Blue Cross travel insurance, all you need to do is review your insurance policy.
For any questions you may have, feel free to contact our Customer Relations Centre.
High-risk activities are excluded
While your vacation can be filled with various adventures, Québec Blue Cross travel insurance covers numerous activities, such as those listed above. However, it's essential to note that high-risk activities like the ones below are excluded from coverage:
- Extreme sports or activities involving stunts, aerobatics, or improvised equipment
- Motor sports in competition or training
- Aerial sports such as hang-gliding, bungee jumping, or skydiving
- High-risk water sports such as whitewater kayaking or kitesurfing
- High-risk mountain sports such as rock climbing or off-track mountain biking
For specific details regarding your coverage, including limitations and exclusions, please see your policy. If you’re uncertain about whether your travel insurance covers your scheduled activities, our Customer Relations Centre agents are available to answer your questions.
Whenever you need us, we’re here to help
Wherever you’re travelling around the globe, Québec Blue Cross is ready to help in an emergency. Ideally, contact Blue Cross Travel Assistance immediately after an incident occurs. If that’s not possible, get in touch with us as soon as you can to benefit from this essential support and expertise.
You can rely on our assistance service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for recommendations on which health care facility to use, coordinating your care, providing continuous follow-ups, and assisting with repatriation when necessary. You can also reach out to our experts at any time for advice and assistance.
If you are injured during an activity not covered by your travel insurance, rest assured that Québec Blue Cross will still provide support for you to the best of our abilities. However, please be aware that this insurance plan doesn't cover health care or procedures resulting from your accident; you will be responsible for those costs. The good news is that you can easily avoid this type of situation by checking that your activities are covered by your travel insurance.
With our help, you can make the most of your vacation and the destination you’re visiting. Take some time to explore our travel insurance options and find the one that is right for you. Here’s to wishing you a fantastic vacation!