Hospitalization and Diagnostic Services
100% reimbursement (no deductible) of expenses for semi-private room accommodation:
- In a hospital for short-term medical care, unlimited number of days
- In a public or private convalescent home, or in a rehabilitation centre, combined maximum of 90 days per year
- Compensation of $25 per day of hospitalization from the 4th to 18th day inclusive, if you have to stay in a ward due to the unavailability of a private or semi-private room.
80% reimbursement, after the annual deductible of $50, of the following eligible expenses:
- laboratory tests : blood and urine tests, throat culture and cytology
- Scanner (CT scans), up to $250 per calendar year
- magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), up to $675 per calendar year
- ultrasound, up to $100 per calendar year
- polysomnography, up to $500 per period of 24 months
- home nursing care by a registered nurse, up to 20 8-hour periods, maximum 160 hours per calendar year
- purchase or rental of non-motorized wheelchair or manual hospital bed
- emergency ambulance transportation (for people under the age of 65)
Please note: the Hospitalization and Diagnostic Services benefits are payable up to a lifetime maximum of $100,000.
Travel Insurance - 15 Day Medical Coverage
When you travel outside of Quebec, this coverage reimburses expenses and services arising from an emergency due to an accident or a sudden illness.
The maximum reimbursement is $5 million per insured per trip of 15 days or less.
Hospital, medical and paramedical expenses
- Cost of hospitalization
- Physicians' fees
- Nurse's services
- $2,000 per accident for dental care after an accident
- $200 for a dental surgeon's fees for any other emergency treatment
- $100 per hospitalization for hospital-related expenses
- Laboratory tests and X-rays
- Drugs prescribed by a physician, in case of an emergency
- Purchase or rental of crutches, canes, and splints
- Rental of wheelchairs, orthopedic devices, and other medical devices
$3,000 (maximum $200 per day) for accommodation and meals when return must be delayed.
- Transportation costs to the nearest medical facility
- Repatriation to Quebec
- Round-trip for a family member or a friend to visit the insured hospitalized outside Quebec
- Baggage return when the insured is repatriated for medical reasons, up to a maximum of $300
- $7,500 for preparation and repatriation of the deceased or for cremation or burial at place of death
Medical Follow-up in Canada
When the insured is repatriated in Canada for medical reasons, the following expenses are covered:
- Cost of a semi-private room in a hospital or a rehabilitation centre or a convalescent home up to a maximum of $1,000
- Fees for home nursing care, up to a maximum of $50 per day, maximum 10 days
- Cost for the rental of medical devices such as crutches, standard walkers, canes, up to a maximum of $150
- Cost for transportation by an ambulance or taxi in order to receive medical care up to a maximum of $250
Telephone service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, offering the following services:
- Referral to a physician, hospital or to a lawyer in case of accident
- Follow-up on medical file and settlement of certain formalities
- Assistance in the event of loss or theft of identity papers and services of an interpreter for emergency calls
- Coordinating the repatriation or transportation of a family member, when necessary.