Why our customers prefer Blue Cross
- Option of getting insured without a medical exam
- Excellent rates
- Pioneer in the field of health insurance with over 80 years of experience
- Friendly service from experienced agents who can answer your questions and assist you when needed
- Coverage that can be customized to meet your specific needs
- Discounts and savings with our one-of-a-kind Blue Advantage program
Thinking about retirement
Thinking about retirement? There are some things you should consider
When you are thinking about retirement, in addition to planning your finances, you should also determine the lifestyle your new finances will allow you to afford and how you will spend your time. Consider the following when planning your retirement:
- Monthly income
- Current and future expenses, and any debts
- The trips you would like to take
- The need to care for loved ones
- Your health
- Your expectations of life
How much health coverage do you need?
As a retiree, you will need to make sure that you are sufficiently covered in case you’re diagnosed with a serious illness, need hospitalization or simply need to manage your health care expenses. Blue Cross has plans that can cover your most basic health insurance needs to your most complex. Whether you are shopping for simple hospital coverage or want to plan your potential needs, we have a solution for you.
The main reasons for in-patient hospitalization from 2012 to 2013
The Canadian Institute for Health Information released the main reasons for in-patient hospitalization in 2012 and 2013:
- Respiratory disease
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
A stay at the hospital, convalescence centre or rehabilitation centre is not usually an easy time. With Blue Cross, you can benefit from a semi-private room, which helps maintain a quieter and more private environment.
With a health insurance plan from Blue Cross, you can protect your health and your finances against unexpected medical costs that are not covered by the RAMQ.