The Blue Cross travel insurance plan for visitors to Canada covers emergency medical care fees and is also available for individuals who are visiting Canada on a super visa.
Visit Canada worry-free and spend time with family living here. Your trips to other provinces and the United States are covered.
Welcome to Canada!
Why Blue Cross?
- No deductible
- We are one of the most recognized health insurance providers in Canada
- We meet the Canadian super visa requirements
- We provide 24/7 assistance in case of an emergency
- We cover trips to the United States
- Hospitalization fees for a semi-private room
- Professional fees for nurses and physicians required for emergency medical treatment
- Up to $2,000 for emergency dental treatment as a result of an accident
- Emergency home return by air ambulance or commercial flight with a medical escort
- Up to $1,000 for accommodation and meals if your return is delayed due to a medical emergency
- Professional services by a physiotherapist, chiropractor, osteopath or podiatrist when medically necessary and prescribed by the attending physician, up to a maximum of $300 per profession
- Trip break (when the duration of your stay in Canada is for a minimum of 365 days) so that you may return to your country of residence and come back to Canada without terminating the insurance contract*
The Visitors to Canada plan should be purchased before your arrival in Canada, but may also be purchased when you arrive.* If it's purchased on arrival, coverage will be effective on the date of purchase in case of accident or injury and 4 days after the date of purchase in case of illness.
See the sample travel insurance policy for more information.
* Some conditions apply.