Why our customers prefer Blue Cross
- Option of getting insured without a medical exam
- Excellent rates
- Pioneer in the field of health insurance with over 80 years of experience
- Friendly service from experienced agents who can answer your questions and assist you when needed
- Coverage that can be customized to meet your specific needs
- Discounts and savings with our one-of-a-kind Blue Advantage program
You’ve probably heard about resistance training, but if you haven’t tried it yet, there are some good reasons for you to start now.
Truth be told, resistance training is for everyone. But what is it? Resistance training is any exercise that causes the muscles to contract against an external resistance to improve strength, tone, mass and/or endurance. It can be done using your own body weight, resistance bands, weights or any other object. Resistance training is important because in addition to helping build muscle, it also helps maintain it. Building and maintaining muscle is important at any age: it has an antidepressant effect, it improves your metabolism, and it increases strength to support your bones and prevent injuries that result from falls. So get outside, get to the gym or just be active!