Why our customers prefer Blue Cross
- Option of getting insured without a medical exam
- Excellent rates
- Pioneer in the field of health insurance with over 80 years of experience
- Friendly service from experienced agents who can answer your questions and assist you when needed
- Coverage that can be customized to meet your specific needs
- Discounts and savings with our one-of-a-kind Blue Advantage program
When was the last time you had an annual exam? If you can’t recall, then perhaps this year is a good time to book an appointment with your doctor. Seeing your doctor for a regular checkup is important, even if you are healthy.
Reasons why you should visit your doctor regularly
There are many valid reasons to visit your doctor each year or every 18 months. They include:
- Benchmarking: A regular visit to the doctor allows you and your doctor to discuss and review your medical history to identify abnormalities or areas of concern. It also enables your doctor to chart your changes over time. The more data and information your doctor has, the more accurately he or she can diagnose and treat any health issues.
- Early detection of possible health issues: Visiting your doctor even if you are healthy is a proactive approach to your health. Talking with your doctor can bring to light signs or symptoms of medical issues. When issues are caught and addressed early, it makes treatment more effective.
- Peace of mind: There is something to be said for having peace of mind in knowing that you are healthy. Everyone has those aches and pains that make them think twice about their health. Visiting your doctor and getting a clean bill of health allows you to know for sure that you are healthy.
- Relationship building: Building a trusting relationship with your doctor is important. The more you see your doctor, the more comfortable you will be with fully disclosing information about your health – an important factor in assessing your overall well-being.
To get the most out of your appointment with your doctor:
- Make a list of your health concerns
- Bring a list of any medications you’re taking
- Make a list of questions you may have
- Bring a copy of your medical records if you are seeing a new doctor
- Be completely upfront and honest.
When was the last time you went to the doctor to get a physical? Do you get a yearly physical? Why or why not?
Learn more about your health care and health insurance options by checking out our health tips.