Most Canadians have a bucket list of travel destinations they would like to visit one day. Although your preferred vacation options might vary from those of others, certain locations are more commonly at the top of the list for many Canadians.
Here are 10 bucket list travel destinations to consider for your next trip:
- Paris: Widely regarded as one of the most romantic cities in the world, Paris is rich in history, art, and culture, making it a must-visit destination for many Canadians. From the French bistros to the Eiffel Tower and countless landmarks, Paris is a great place to visit year-round.
- Italy: The perfect destination for wine lovers and foodies, Italy offers some of the world’s most historic and beautiful cities. You can check out the ruins in Rome, the romantic countryside in Tuscany, or visit the Vatican City, which makes this destination appealing to a wide range of travellers.
- New York City: Who doesn’t want to visit the Big Apple at least once? Taking in a concert at Madison Square Garden; checking out a Broadway play; spending the afternoon in Central Park; and visiting Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, and the Empire State Building are just a few of the things to see and do in New York.
- The Great Wall of China: One of the true wonders of the world, the Great Wall is something you need to experience in person to fully understand its unique appeal. Parts of it were built as early as the seventh century, it’s more than 8,850 km long.
- The Hawaiian islands: Whether you are looking to catch a wave, hike up the slope of a volcano, or experience the best of Polynesian culture, the Hawaiian islands are a must-visit destination. There is no shortage of amazing beaches and unique horticulture, regardless of which island you find yourself on.
- Las Vegas: The city that never sleeps has much more to offer than just casinos and gambling. There are endless shows, events, shopping, and amazing restaurants. You never know what you will see in Vegas.
- The Great Barrier Reef: Visiting Australia is on most people’s bucket list. If you have the chance to go to Australia, the Great Barrier Reef is a must-see. It’s the oldest and largest coral reef in the world, and it’s home to unforgettable aquatic life.
- Egyptian Pyramids: The allure and mystique of the pyramids in Egypt make it one of the most unique destinations in the world. The pyramids are one of the world’s greatest mysteries, and experiencing the tombs of the pharaohs is something you need to see first-hand.
- Greece: Greece has become a bucket list destination for many reasons. It appeals to history buffs who want to experience ancient Greece in person, beach-goers who want to bask in the sun in the Greek isles, and those looking to consume Greek culture, foods, and heritage.
- The United Kingdom: Whether you love the Royals, are planning a bucket list golf trip, want to experience all that London has to offer, or just want to enjoy a pint of Guinness straight from the brewery, the UK is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. It’s commonly a stop as part of a longer European trip, but it has more than enough attractions to be a travel destination itself.
How many of these destinations are on your list? Have you visited any of these locations? What is the most memorable place you visited?