Health retreat getaways are growing in popularity as a vacation option. Travellers increasingly want to make health and wellness part of their trip. Not only do they want to visit a new destination and experience a new culture, they also want to relax, decompress, ease the mind and treat the body.
Relaxing health retreats across Canada
Here is a list of the top relaxing health retreats in Canada:
- Whitehorse, Yukon, Northern Lights Resort & Spa: If you want somewhere that is off the grid, this is it. You can rent a cozy log chalet, enjoy an aromatherapy massage, explore the untouched nature of the area. At night, the northern lights offer therapy for the soul.
- Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort: Nestled in the heart of Vancouver Island’s Parksville forest, this resort has been voted #1 spa in Western Canada. The Grotto Spa forbids mobile phones and cameras to promote total relaxation. The warm water pool with underwater music is infused with natural minerals to relax the body and spirit. Then experience fine dining at the Treetop Tapas & Grill where the only guests are robed spa patrons.
- Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan: Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa: This world-renowned spa offers guests the therapeutic benefits of its geothermal mineral water pool. The composition of this water is similar to that of the famous mineral baths in Bath, England. A real thermal experience.
- Hecla Provincial Park, Lake Winnipeg, Manitoba: Salka Spa: Two hours north of Winnipeg, you will find this spa on the north shore of Hecla island in Lake Winnipeg. Salka means “peace” in Icelandic. Following Nordic tradition, the elements of Fire, Ice and Water combine to soothe, rejuvenate and sustain guests. Facials are also available.
- Toronto, Ontario, Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie Paris: This very chic hammam is an exotic retreat in the Shangri-La Hotel in downtown Toronto. You’ll experience traditional Middle Eastern healing treatments and enjoy the exclusive Vinothérapie® and its anti-oxidant properties.
- Mont-Tremblant, Québec, Scandinave Spa: Hidden in the Laurentian forest, this rustic-style spa offers the hot-cold-relax cycle of a typical Finnish tradition. Dry or steam sauna is followed by a dip in the cold “rivière du Diable” (the Devil’s River) and ends with a relaxation period. The spa also features a zero-gravity pavilion. The key word is “relax”. There is no WiFi at the Scandinave Spa. Bliss!
- Cape Breton, Nova Scotia: Keltic Lodge at the Highlands With breathtaking scenery along the Cabot Trail, and only minutes from the Atlantic Ocean, this is truly a great place in the Maritimes for some relaxation. The spa overlooks the ocean and offers a number of massage and relaxation services. You can even enjoy your lunch on the spa’s deck, which overlooks the Cape Smokey. Ciad Mile Failte.
No matter where you live in Canada, you are never too far away from a health retreat destination. Each resort has unique relaxation services and appeal.
If you are planning a relaxing getaway, don’t forget to purchase Blue Cross travel insurance, essential as soon as you travel outside your province of residence. Without coverage, your relaxing getaway could turn into a stressful situation should your trip not go according to plan. Get a free travel insurance quote today and travel worry free!