Why travellers prefer Blue Cross
- Canada's #1 travel insurance brand and recognized worldwide
- Over 80 years of expertise in insurance
- $5 million travel insurance coverage, with or without deductible
- Flexible and affordable travel insurance solutions
- Free quote available online
- Travel assistance available 24/7 for any emergency, anywhere you travel
Everyone likes to get a deal, especially for booking flights and making travel arrangements. This is why discount websites and travel deal offers have become wildly popular over the last few years.
Sites like Travelzoo, Expedia, WagJag, and Groupon have become go-to resources for Canadians looking to save money on trips, excursions, activities, meals and more. Many of these sites offer great deals and can help you save money on your next trip or family outing.
Whether you are looking for a last-minute deal, want to save a few bucks on your spring break vacation or want to get the most value out of an all-inclusive trip, you should be mindful of what you are buying. If a deal seems too good to be true, it likely is.
Know what you are buying
Always read the fine print before you buy a travel deal. Make sure you fully understand the terms and conditions of the deal, especially if you are purchasing airline tickets or hotel accommodations.
When you are comparing travel deals online, make sure you can answer the following questions:
- Is the deal a final sale?
- Are you allowed to make changes to travel dates or times?
- Are there additional fees or taxes?
- Is there an expiry date?
- What are the limits for the deal?
- Are your travel options limited?
- Are upgrades permitted?
- Can deals be combined with other offers?
- Are offers subject to availability?
One way to protect yourself from potential mishaps is to get travel insurance when you book.
Protect yourself with travel insurance
What happens if you purchase a travel deal and later need to cancel your trip? What happens if you get bumped from your flight? Whether you need travel insurance for spring break, a short trip or an all-inclusive trip, travel insurance can be a lifesaver if your plans go awry.
Travel insurance plans can cover non-refundable expenses you’ve paid for, including travel packages purchased from travel deal websites. With travel insurance coverage, you can get coverage for anything from airfare to hotel reservations to package deals that include side excursions, entertainment and meals.
At Blue Cross, we have plenty of travel insurance options to help you cover your expenses in case of a cancellation or other travel-related issues. Contact us today to get a free travel insurance quote.