For many people, choosing accommodations is one of the most important parts of planning a vacation. Most travellers default to booking a hotel without considering other options. However, this trend is changing.
More and more Canadians are choosing bed and breakfasts as their accommodations when they plan a weekend getaway or a vacation.
In the past, many people were unsure how bed and breakfasts operated or even how to find them. The Internet has changed this and is helping people better understand what they will get when they book a stay at this kind of establishment.
When you consider the value you get at a bed and breakfast and the fact that it feels more like home, is comfortable and cozy, and provides you with more personalized attention, it is an experience worth considering.
Bed and breakfasts are also much easier to find now and are an option in countries around the world. “You can find B&Bs almost anywhere you go, and they provide much better value than hotels. From personalized attention to delicious food, there are many reasons to choose a bed and breakfast over a hotel,” says BedandBreakfast.com.
Reasons for choosing a bed and breakfast
If you are thinking about booking a stay at a bed and breakfast, here are some reasons you should consider this accommodation option:
- Breakfast is included
- You get more personal service and attention
- It can be the perfect setting for a romantic getaway
- You get a more authentic cultural experience
- You get great value and extras
- Many have a rich history
- Rooms are often unique
- It is a great way to meet other travellers
- It is different from a traditional hotel stay
Top bed and breakfasts worldwide
Whether you are planning a trip to Europe, a trip across Canada or a weekend getaway, there are many world-class bed and breakfasts to choose from.
If you are travelling within Canada, these bed and breakfasts made TripAdvisor’s top 25 list:
- Benchmark Boutique Bed & Breakfast – Naramata, British Columbia
- BranCliff Inn – Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
- Serenity Ranch Bed and Breakfast – Ancaster, Ontario
- Victoria Gables Bed & Breakfast – Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
- Summerside Inn Bed and Breakfast – Summerside, Prince Edward Island
- Stillwater on the Lake – Peterborough, Ontario
- A View of the Lake Bed & Breakfast – Kelowna, British Columbia
- Auberge des Eaux Vives – La Malbaie, Québec
- The Wellshire Bed and Breakfast – Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
If you are planning an international trip, bed and breakfasts are a great way to get a more authentic travel experience. Here are some of TripAdvisor’s top bed and breakfasts worldwide:
- Millgate Bed & Breakfast – Masham, United Kingdom
- Huis Koning – Bruges, Belgium
- Bed & Breakfast Mondello Resort – Palermo, Italy
- The Welsh Hills Inn – Granville, Ohio
- Chestnut Lane Cottage – Matamata, New Zealand
- Point Clear Cottages – Fairhope, Alabama
- The Mission Inn – Cape May, New Jersey
- The Chalet of Canandaigua – Canandaigua, New York
- Aenaon Villas – Imerovigli, Greece
Every bed and breakfast is unique and has something different to offer. Whether you are planning to stay at one of the bed and breakfasts listed above or at one you have found online, make sure you purchase travel insurance before your trip.