Why travellers prefer Blue Cross
- Canada's #1 travel insurance brand and recognized worldwide
- Over 80 years of expertise in insurance
- $5 million travel insurance coverage, with or without deductible
- Flexible and affordable travel insurance solutions
- Free quote available online
- Travel assistance available 24/7 for any emergency, anywhere you travel
Travel assistance expertise developed since 1989
For nearly 35 years, the Québec Blue Cross Travel Assistance service has become a reference in traveller support, both here and abroad. Thanks to our 27 partners around the world with whom we have forged relationships, we are able to offer an expert service that is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In fact, every year, we respond to more than 150,000 calls from travellers requiring our assistance, in addition to processing 40,000 assistance files; needless to say, we have a lot of experience in the field, and we can guide you throughout the entire treatment process abroad.
As soon as you start thinking about your destination or have made your decision, we guide you in your preparations. Our Support and Advice page contains many resources to help you get off on the right foot, such as:
- Government advisories
- Entry requirements for your destination
- Health and accessibility advice for care abroad
- And a travel essentials list
Once the preparations are complete and the suitcases are packed, our support is also available to you at the airport in case of delay.
- As soon as your flight is delayed by more than 3 hours, Blue Cross Travel Assistance will allow free access to an airport lounge.
- If your departure is delayed by 6 hours or more, a hotel room reservation, as well as a $50 allowance per person up to a maximum of $200, will allow you to rest somewhere other than on airport benches.
And before you leave, it is necessary to register your flight in your file to access these benefits if needed.
A network of partners around the world
Since 1989, we have forged relationships with valuable partners on all continents. Hospitals, clinics, medical escorts, air and land carriers, and many more healthcare providers enable us to facilitate access to medical care and services, wherever you are and no matter what time it is. In case of emergency, care will be provided quickly and efficiently.
We also have access to one of the largest provider networks in the United States. 96% of healthcare facilities are part of our American partner's network. Comprehensive care is provided from the moment the patient is admitted.
"I want to thank the agent who assisted and directed me to the appropriate service. He took the time to find the place that suited me and throughout the conversation, he was very reassuring and understanding. It was the first time I used this service, and I am very satisfied. He was very professional, and I felt listened to, since I was experiencing a stressful moment at the time. Thank you very much. Everything went very well!"
- A client who used Québec Blue Cross Travel Assistance
Before incurring fees, call our team of experts at any time
Our Blue Cross travel assistance service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When an emergency arises, it is essential to contact our travel assistance service before seeking medical attention outside of your province of residence. Our specialized team will recommend a professional or healthcare facility, coordinate your care, provide continuous follow-up, and organize your repatriation to your country of residence if necessary.
"I received exceptional service. You were very helpful in this very worrying medical situation! Thank you very much!"
- Another client who used Québec Blue Cross Travel Assistance
Discover our travel insurance plans now and take advantage of our expert coverage, no matter where you go in the world.