Why travellers prefer Blue Cross
- Canada's #1 travel insurance brand and recognized worldwide
- Over 80 years of expertise in insurance
- $5 million travel insurance coverage, with or without deductible
- Flexible and affordable travel insurance solutions
- Free quote available online
- Travel assistance available 24/7 for any emergency, anywhere you travel
Complete family travel insurance solutions
Do your kids jump for joy at the thought of your upcoming vacation? Do you want to make sure everyone in the family has a great time? Planning your vacation can be time-consuming and requires a great deal of patience, preparation and organization. Let us take some of the burden off your shoulders by ensuring your family is well protected in case of accidents and unexpected injuries with our comprehensive travel insurance.
When you travel, a sunburn, twisted ankle or upset stomach can involve emergency medical care. When required, travel insurance can cover the costs of your return home. We offer a wide range of travel insurance options to meet your family’s specific needs.
Our travel assistance team is available 24/7 to help in case of an emergency. Wherever you are travelling, we are just a phone call away. That is why Blue Cross travel insurance is recognized worldwide, and it’s one of the reasons you should choose us for your travel insurance needs.
Why Blue Cross for family travel insurance?
- Optional deductibles on emergency medical care costs. Where possible, we arrange payment directly with the hospital.
- Coverage valid for all family members even when travelling separately.
- Trip cancellation benefit covering prepaid non-refundable travel costs.
- Access to one of the largest network of health care providers and facilities across the United States thanks to our partnership with GeoBlue.
Some coverage options for families
|Annual Package Plus
|Emergency medical care
All these plans include:
- $5 million emergency medical care per trip
- Hospitalization fees
- Professional fees for nurses, physicians and other health care professionals for emergency medical treatment
- Up to $2,000 for emergency dental treatment as a result of an accident
- Emergency repatriation, when necessary and based on the medical condition of the insured, subject to approval by the travel assistance medical team and the attending physician at the destination
- Return of your travelling companion and/or family members covered by the same policy
- Up to $3,000 for accommodation and meals if your return is delayed due to a medical emergency
- Medical follow-up in Canada after repatriation